I wish I had a pet. My beloved cat Ali, who is solid white and full of spunk, is with my parents in Nashville. I’m renting a townhouse in DC, and unfortunately I have to remain ‘pet-less’ due to my lease.
In the meantime, if you’re like me and miss having a pet of your own, there are other ways you can interact with animals. An added bonus is that you can give back to others while gaining the benefits of having a pet.
• Volunteer at an animal shelter for abused and abandoned pets
• Offer to pet sit for a friend or neighbor who’s going on vacation
• Help an organization that brings animals to nursing home residents. This is an innovative type of therapy that helps elderly people feel loved
These options can fill in the gap until you’re able to get a pet of your own. Someday…