I love going to the grocery store. To me, there’s just something fun about getting a big cart and strolling down the aisles looking at what’s on sale and the new products that have been developed. Plus, I’m a couponer. I clip and file all of those coupons that come in the Sunday paper and then strategize how to get the biggest bargains possible. Getting things for free can be a great cheap thrill.
Not everyone can afford to buy the food that they need for their families, and there are ways you can help—even while waltzing down the supermarket aisles. If you’re like me and cut out coupons, be sure to clip the offers that you have no plan to use. For example, I have no need to buy baby formula or diapers, but I usually cut out those coupons anyway. Then, when I’m in the grocery store and passing through the baby aisle, I place the coupons that I don’t need on the shelves. You never know who will be coming along behind you. You might help a mother on WIC or food stamps save several dollars, which she can use to buy some fresh fruits and vegetables for her family. Or, even if the person who comes along behind you isn’t in financial need, you might just brighten a guy’s day when he finds that someone was thoughtful and left a coupon that allows him to get an extra bag of his favorite candy for free.
Ah, the grocery store…it’s the little things