Ever wake up in the night thinking about life? I certainly do. I wish I was able to instantly go back to sleep, but this usually isn’t the case. I think about what I want to do with my life and if I’m living the right way. I wonder what I’ll be doing a year from now, five years from now, twenty years from now… I worry about things that are not going right and try to think of solutions, but this usually isn’t effective.
Lately, instead of lying in bed pondering the unknown and trying to go back to sleep, I’ve found that it helps for me to get up and actually doing something. I’ll work on a volunteer project for Students Serve or write down ideas for new types of service. I map out what I want to do for the next couple of weeks and this gives me a better sense of direction and peace. It enables me to visually see how I am going to live out my life purpose each day. It doesn’t have to be ten years from now. It can be every day… or night!